I thought today would be a perfect day to update our family news. I actually have time right now since the boys are making breakfast for a change. The awful spring semester is finally over. We have had a nice couple days with Leroy actually home. The kids have loved having father again. Unfortunately, Leroy leaves for Alexandria tomorrow for seven weeks. Dante has been studying Ancient Egypt in history, so he is excited to know where his dad is going. He’s also sad that he doesn’t get to go.

I was originally planning to do some traveling while Leroy was gone but have decided it would be better not to. Instead, we are keeping ourselves busy with school, classes, gardening, and with raising critters. We are all signed up for swimming lessons, including me and Emily. We (I) have been busy with our garden plot done the square-foot way. It looks promising! For school, Dante is learning about the animal kingdom, so we are doing some science projects with insects. We have already gotten an ant farm, which the kids are fascinated with. We will also be hatching praying mantises, raising butterflies from caterpillars, and watching tadpoles turn into frogs. Leroy returns on Independence Day and Danica will come shortly afterward for a fun summer of piano classes and Lagoon trips (hopefully). We shouldn’t have a problem keeping busy!

This last semester for Leroy was very difficult. He was usually gone from morning to night and always had projects and assignments to complete. He was also in charge of editing the Navy newsletter “Soundings” that goes out at the end of every school year. Leroy still hasn’t had a chance to internalize the fact that he will soon be on the other side of the world. Watch out Egypt! We recorded Leroy reading some books last night so that the kids can still be read to by their daddy, even when he is gone. The second half of the summer should be more relaxing even though he still has to take classes. Only one more year until he graduates—May 2010.
After a very successful—and very brief—run doing schoolwork, my classes have come to a standstill. Now that the garden is started and the house is clean (and I won’t have anyone to share my evenings with), hopefully I can return my attention to studying the Bible as literature. I have come to realize just how much I enjoy writing. I wish I had more time to write what I want to write! Hopefully I can focus on that more once I get my degree. There’s not much else exciting happening with me except the kids. I was having a difficult time coping with kids and housework and not having Leroy around, but I think I have a handle on things again. It should be easier when Leroy leaves, as odd as that sounds. It is easier for me to keep to a schedule when I don’t have to worry about his. Not that it is better than having my husband around, but I should be able to cope fine. I got a book this morning for Mother’s Day—Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Honestly. Yeah, I don’t know. If you ask me, it’s sacrilege.
Danica will be nine at the end of the month. My, how time flies! She was having a tough time at school, but seems to be doing much better since switching schools. With Leroy gone during the first half of the summer, Danica will be joining us for the second part. I hope to sign her up for swim lessons and also piano lessons. It should be fun!


I was originally planning to do some traveling while Leroy was gone but have decided it would be better not to. Instead, we are keeping ourselves busy with school, classes, gardening, and with raising critters. We are all signed up for swimming lessons, including me and Emily. We (I) have been busy with our garden plot done the square-foot way. It looks promising! For school, Dante is learning about the animal kingdom, so we are doing some science projects with insects. We have already gotten an ant farm, which the kids are fascinated with. We will also be hatching praying mantises, raising butterflies from caterpillars, and watching tadpoles turn into frogs. Leroy returns on Independence Day and Danica will come shortly afterward for a fun summer of piano classes and Lagoon trips (hopefully). We shouldn’t have a problem keeping busy!
This last semester for Leroy was very difficult. He was usually gone from morning to night and always had projects and assignments to complete. He was also in charge of editing the Navy newsletter “Soundings” that goes out at the end of every school year. Leroy still hasn’t had a chance to internalize the fact that he will soon be on the other side of the world. Watch out Egypt! We recorded Leroy reading some books last night so that the kids can still be read to by their daddy, even when he is gone. The second half of the summer should be more relaxing even though he still has to take classes. Only one more year until he graduates—May 2010.
After a very successful—and very brief—run doing schoolwork, my classes have come to a standstill. Now that the garden is started and the house is clean (and I won’t have anyone to share my evenings with), hopefully I can return my attention to studying the Bible as literature. I have come to realize just how much I enjoy writing. I wish I had more time to write what I want to write! Hopefully I can focus on that more once I get my degree. There’s not much else exciting happening with me except the kids. I was having a difficult time coping with kids and housework and not having Leroy around, but I think I have a handle on things again. It should be easier when Leroy leaves, as odd as that sounds. It is easier for me to keep to a schedule when I don’t have to worry about his. Not that it is better than having my husband around, but I should be able to cope fine. I got a book this morning for Mother’s Day—Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Honestly. Yeah, I don’t know. If you ask me, it’s sacrilege.
Danica will be nine at the end of the month. My, how time flies! She was having a tough time at school, but seems to be doing much better since switching schools. With Leroy gone during the first half of the summer, Danica will be joining us for the second part. I hope to sign her up for swim lessons and also piano lessons. It should be fun!
Dante has picked up quite an attitude. He has reached that age where he is always right, unless one of his friends tells him otherwise. I am trying to remember that independence is good and that I need to learn to direct him without ordering him around. It’s difficult! However, Dante continues to amaze me with his school. He continues to do very well in reading and writing, and has begun history and science. We just planted some carnivorous plants and look forward to the fascinating job of raising them—the Ven
us Flytrap, some Sundews, and soon
several Pitcher plants. I have also heard some good things about the elementary school in our district, so I signed Dante up for half-day kindergarten in the fall to supplement his homeschooling. I think he will enjoy it, and it will hopefully give me some more time to focus on my own schoolwork. I was rather shocked at what little they tested on for the placement test. “He did great! He knows his colors and his letters, both upper and lower case!” Well, duh. He can read! Dante has his piano recital in just over a week, at which he and I will play a duet. For the summer, Dante will be taking group lessons instead of private lessons to change up the routine a bit.
My little princess is definitely two. Constance can be so darn cute and yet so darn in
furiating. She is asserting her independence, to my eternal frustration. However, she still makes me laugh. She likes to put her belt around her animals and take them for walks, and she took her balloon for walk this morning. Constance can count to ten now and she is interested in learning her colors and letters. She is also getting better at coloring, almost as good as Dante, I’d say. She is finally trying to stay within the lines. It’s really cute. I really think she would enjoy a dance or movement class and am trying to find one that will work for us. I am really excited for her swim lessons, especially since she missed out last year when we thought she broke her toe. Yeah for water!
Miss Emily is growing up way too fast! She will be six months old this month, and she’s only about 13 pounds. However, she is sitting up pretty well, she prefers being on her tummy, and she is now pushing herself up on her hands and knees a bit. She likes to shake her head, and she loves to jump. Emily also loves other babies. She is the sweetest, funniest girl, and she is so petite! She looks like Dante did when he was two months old. Before he got fat ;) I am thoroughly enjoying sleeping at night.
So despite some difficult times past, present, and future, we are doing pretty well and I think we will survive through the summer. I wish you all the best, and remember that we could always use your prayers!
Have a happy Mother's Day!
Have a happy Mother's Day!

Ok who is that girl with Leroy? Is it possible that is Lisa? WOW!
ReplyDelete